Prepping the flower parts
1. Cut a piece of white crepe roughly 4 x 1.5 inches with the grain running along the long side.
2. Stretch crepe until almost flat and square. It will be warbly. That's ok. Alternatively you can stretch a piece of crepe and then cut a 4 x 4 inch square from it.
3. In the center of the crepe square color a circle with a half inch diameter. Use a light colored sharpie or watercolors.
4. Then draw a black pupil in the center.
5. With a red sharpie draw wiggly lines emanating from the Iris to the edge of the crepe square.
6. Cut a length of italian black crepe roughly 3 x 3 inches.
7. Cut fringe into the crepe along the grain two thirds of the way into the black paper. Or if you have crepe streamer that works as well. I glued two pieces together to create a length of fringed paper (pictured).
Petals and Leaves
8. Start by creating a template similar to the petal and leaf images above. (My petals are about 4 inches long with the leaves a bit longer) For each flower you'll be cutting 4 petals, and two leaves.
9. Cut the petals from a colorful piece of crepe.
10. Before cutting the leaves stretch out a chunk of green crepe until almost flat (warbly). Cut your leaves from the stretched crepe.
11. After cutting out the leaves draw green and brown accent lines running the length of the leaf. Draw somewhat lightly using the side of a sharpie. Allow the pen to skip along the paper bumps to create an organic quality. Or use watercolors.
Putting the flower together